Noriday- bleeding again nine days after period

Patient

Q: Started taking noriday (28 day pill) 20 day ago on ghe first day of my period (lasted 7 days) i have started bleeding again 2days ago is this normal??

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to experience irregular menstrual bleeding while on oral contraceptives. This may be due to the hormonal fluctuations caused by the exogenously supplied hormones contained within the oral contraceptive competing with your own hormones produced by the ovaries. If this bleeding does not resolve in a few more days we recommend that you go to your doctor to be examined and determine if your bleeding is indeed due to your contraceptive medication or due to another issue with your uterus.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com