Norimin Pill

Patient: Hi, i’m worried i’m pregnant,I have been taking the birth control pill named Norimin for a few years now. I bought a new packet a few weeks ago. Towards the end of my slip, I forgot to take Sunday nights pill. I woke up straight away Monday morning and took the missed pill and then took Monday nights pill at regular time.I then took Tuesday nights pill, had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that night. Then I took Wednesday night and Thursday nights pills as usual. On Friday my slip finished and I got my period Sunday.I’m worried im pregnant because ive been reading up and have been reading alot of different things.I have a doctors appointment in 2 weeks, and thats too long for me to wait.I took a pregnancy pill on the Sunday i got my period and it said negative,but i have read if you have sec close to the date of your period you could still possibly be pregnant.please help.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Based on your description, we do not believe that you are at risk for becoming pregnant. Yo ur missed pill was taken in a timely manner and you returned to your regular schedule afterwards without missing any. Furthermore, after having unprotected sex you did have your period and a negative pregnancy test reading. Based on all of these factors, we do not believe that you could have become pregnant.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com