Normal blood sugar level or Diabetes

Patient : Is 122 normal sugar level for a nondiabetic? If mom and dad have diabetes but my eating habit are different than their can it still develope?
Doctor :   Considering that this Blood Glucose result was taken when fasting, it is still not a diagnosis of Diabetes. However sin ce you have a family history of Diabetes, you should keep checking your Blood Glucose every 6 to 12 months. If you present related symptoms such as too much, urine, thirst, increased appetite and weight, I would also suggest you to consult your PCP to test for Diabetes.