Normal period but can I be pregnant still?

Patient

Q: I am 18, I had my period last week. I took a pregnancy test at home and it was negative. So, my question is, can I still be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Back pain, Sensitive nipples, lightheaded, and sometimes headaches.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
You say that you had period, if the period is normal as like your periods and if it came on time then probably the chances of a pregnancy even after having normal period are almost remote. But if you have only light or incomplete period, which was either before or after or at the time of expected date of menstrual cycle then you have to worry. It is advisable that you go for another home pregnancy test after another week to rule out a pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.