Normal symptoms of pregnancy?

Q: I recently found out I am pregnant. I went to get an ultrasound today and was told I am nine weeks pregnant. However, the doctor was not able to find a heartbeat. He said the heart likely stopped beating within the past 1-2 days. In the past 2-3 days I've had to go to the E.R for a U.T.I, and told them I was pregnant. They gave me antibiotics and nausea medicine (because I feel nauseas 24/7). Since then, I've had to take a medical leave of absence from work, because my condition is so bad all I can do is sleep and lay in bed. I feel very nauseas/dizzy/tired all the time, and today I am finding it very hard to eat. I haven't eaten anything but an apple and I've throw up twice today. Are these normal symptoms of a pregnancy or even a miscarriage? I am aware of morning sickness, but I feel like this is a little extreme because I feel this way 24/7 and it's affecting my life in a huge way.

Symptoms:  Nausea, dizziness, throwing up, fatigue

Thanks for contacting

Early pregnancy is phase which is dominated by high levels of HCG and progesterone excess .As you have been diagnosed to be around 9 weeks pregnant , the symptoms you are experiencing namely dizziness, tiredness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting , distaste to food and awkward smells are all a part of normal pregnancy signs and symptoms secondary to progesterone effect ( which causes relaxation of muscles, consitpation, decreased gut motility).

Such symptoms tend to occur from 6weeks to 12-14 weeks of gestation but in primigravidas may continue even upto 18 weeks. But if they occur in excess then it may incapacitate the daily life and has to be controlled with antiemetics which are safe in pregnancy.

As you mentioned that you reported to the ER for UTI and was given antibiotic for the same. the antibiotic given to you is considered safe in pregnancy and unlikely to be the cause of absent heart beat in the fetus.

If at 9 weeks gestation , still the heart beat is absent or if the heart beat which was once present but has stopped now, is termed as Missed abortion. However , there may in some cases chances that it is difficult to locate the heart beat, so in that case it is wise to get a repeat transvaginal ultrasound done to remove the bias. If there is no heart beat then its a missed abortion and uterus have to be evacuated surgically.

I would advise you to repeat the ultrasound and based on the result to consult your physician regarding the surgical and medical options available for missed abortion.

I hope i have answered your queries in detail ,