Normally i dont get sick and when i do it gets ok quickly

Q: Normally i dont get sick and when i do its quick. I was fine in the morning then stars feeling dizzy. By the end of the night It had gotton a lot worse. I was extremely dizzy, my throat, head, and body ached horribly, I felt like I was on fire but my temp was cold, and I was extremely sensitive to the cold till even the slightest chill made me shiver badly. I found my breathing deepening and growing quicker until it was hard to breath. The next morning I felt fine besides a headache an soar throat, but the same symptoms came back at about the same time that night and they were worse. The third day now I only have a soar throat and I feel fine. What happened to me? It wasn't dehydration or a normal cold that u get every year. If you can explain it would help.

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

Dizziness is the feeling of being lightheaded, woozy, or unbalanced. It affects the sensory organs, specifically eyes and ears. It can cause fainting. Dizziness is not a disease but a symptom of other disorders. Vertigo and disequilibrium may cause a feeling of dizziness, but those two terms describe different symptoms. Vertigo is characterized by a feeling of spinning. Disequilibrium is a loss of balance or equilibrium. True dizziness is the feeling of lightheadedness or nearly fainting. causes of dizziness include: sudden drop in blood pressure, as may occur upon standing suddenly, heart muscle disease, decrease in blood volume, neurological conditions, side effect from medications, anxiety disorders, anemia (low iron), hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), ear infection, dehydration, heat stroke, excessive exercise, motion sickness. These are few things which can help you to overcome this problem. Dehydration is one of the foremost symptoms of dizziness and thus, drinking plentiful of water will keep the problem at bay.

Ginger is yet another efficacious remedy against dizziness. Studies have proven that ginger is effective against the problem much more than counter drugs. You can chew raw ginger or consume it in the form of ginger tea, which will cure the problem. Simple exercises can be really helpful in solving the complex problem of dizziness. All you need to do is to stand straight and move your neck in both directions- clockwise and anti-clockwise. Similarly, you can stand and concentrate at one fixed point and simply blink your eyes. It will keep your nervous system alert and steadier and won’t cause problems, like dizziness and fatigue.

Hope this helps.