Nose bleed due to Roaccutane

Patient

Q: I have been using Roaccutane which got (Isotretinoin) for 4 months aith a special doctor and he told me to complete till the sixth month but i get blood comin out of my nose a very little bit is that a problem? And should i stop or complete?

Doctor

A:   Nose bleed is a potential side effect of isotretinoin due to dryness and subsequent cracking of the inner lining of the nose. I would recommend using vaseline in your nostrils before going to bed to see if it can stop the bleeding. You do not have to discontine the drug if the bleeding is not severe.