Nosebleed Started After Cold

Patient

Q: I got a cold about this past Tuesday, seemed fine until it turned into a sinus infection. On Wednesday I started to experience very minor nose bleeds that only last about 2-3 minutes about 3 times a day. Was just wondering if the combinations of the recent dry air, my sinus infection, and the fact that I have very bad allergies are causing the nose bleeds.

Symptoms:  Bloody nose, dry nose
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
Yes dry air especially in combination with a recent sinus infection can lead to minor nose bleeding due to drying up of nasal mucosa.
But since you had bleeding I will advise you to get yourself examined by your local physician who can rule out nasal polyps which can also frequently cause bleeding. Other common causes of minor nosebleeds are drying of the mucosa, and digital injury due to repeated nose picking. Proper lubrication will prevent such further occurrences.
So kindly visit your local physician who can examine your nasal mucosa and also prescribe the appropriate antibiotic for recovery.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.