Nosebleeds aka Epistaxis: Common Causes

Patient : Hi, I've been getting nosebleeds alot lately and I don't normally get them. I've had a nosebleed every night for 3 days, I also had 2 during today. Why is this?
Doctor :   Common causes of nosebleeds in general are trauma: punched on the nose or nosepicking; extremes of temperature: too warm or too dry or too cold; overuse of pain relievers (aspirin, ibuprofen [Advil] since in general, they can cause thinning of the blood, though much less blood-thinning effect with Paracetamol); viral infections and minor blood clotting disorders. In older individuals, elevated blood pressure may cause nosebleeds. The less common causes are nasal tumors and blood vessel malformations. To be sure, have it checked by a doctor or an ENT specialist so that serious underlying conditions may be ruled out.  I wish you well always. Take care.