Not a complete erection

Q: My husband is 63. He had a problem with urine flow so his Dr. put him on Flowmax. He was on it approximately 4-5 weeks and then stopped since the flow became normal. Since being on Flowmax he has not be able to obtain a complete erection. We went to a well known urologist at Yale in New Haven Ct and the prostate is fine and the blood work came back all in normal range for his age. We were told that practice makes perfect. For several years he has been followed by a cardiologist and been on meds with no problem whatsoever. We recently read the side affects from Flomax, pre-mature ejaculation which he doesn't have, lack of sexual desire which he doesn't have, sexual disfunction which he DOES HAVE. Can you tell us if their is a natural pill that can help this situation or anything else we can try. Thank you Deb Nicoletti

Symptoms:  Does not have a complete erection since taking Flomax

A:   Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. It is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED becomes more common as you get older. But it's not a natural part of aging. Cardiological problems are known to cause difficult erection in some.
ED can be a sign of health problems. It may mean your blood vessels are clogged. It may mean you have nerve damage from diabetes. If you don't see your doctor, these problems will go untreated.
Your doctor can offer several new treatments for ED. For many men, the answer is as simple as taking a pill. Getting more exercise, losing weight, or stopping smoking may also help.