Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Not able to get off

Not able to get off

Patient: Ok, so a little while ago I was able to get myself off without any problem. But lately I haven’t been able to and I’ve tried different things and I’m starting to get bad cramps in my abdominal area after each try, what could be the problem?

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease.I would advise following in such scenario:1. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.2. To take soft, bland diet.3. To take anti flatulent and anti-acidity syrup like Digene.If you have persisting acidity, loose stools, weight loss then you would require evaluation for Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease.Even if your problem persists, you should get:1. Upper GI endoscopy2. Ultrasound Abdomen.Many times there is H.pylori infection which causes recurrent gastric and duodenal ulcers and such episodes of acidity. I would advise in such scenario to get tested for H.pylori infection and to get it treated.Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy