Not able to get off

Patient

Q: Ok, so a little while ago I was able to get myself off without any problem. But lately I haven't been able to and I've tried different things and I'm starting to get bad cramps in my abdominal area after each try, what could be the problem?

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease.

I would advise following in such scenario:

1. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
2. To take soft, bland diet.
3. To take anti flatulent and anti-acidity syrup like Digene.
If you have persisting acidity, loose stools, weight loss then you would require evaluation for Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease.
Even if your problem persists, you should get:
1. Upper GI endoscopy
2. Ultrasound Abdomen.
Many times there is H.pylori infection which causes recurrent gastric and duodenal ulcers and such episodes of acidity. I would advise in such scenario to get tested for H.pylori infection and to get it treated.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy