November 17, 2018

Not able to have kids

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Not able to have kids

Patient: Sir , i am tania .my age is 23 years .i got marrige 5 years allready , but untill now dont have any kids . my husbend stay far from me about his job . now he with me . i go to doctor they dont said anything clear . thats i understand they cant find the problem ,i have some problem .thats are irrugellar means .then blod over flow , sometime i got it 2 month and some time got 15 days , sometime never stop blod until i take madicin . another is my skin is hairy , i have so many hair in my body ,like a man .doctor say it cos hormone .i take madecin for hormone .but i never get reasult for anything ,please tell me now whate should i need to do? now i want to take a baby .

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It appears from the history that you are suffering from PCOS or polycystic ovarian syn drome where irregular menses, hirsutism and possible polycystic ovaries are a feature. these are present in your case though and hence it is required that you get a ultrasound pelvis to confirm ovarian cysts and hormonal profile to confirm hyperandrogenemia. Obesity is a common manifestation in PCOS and causes increased insulin resistance which causes anovulatory cycles which are the primary cause of infertility. You need to reduce weight first and then have to be placed on low dose OC pills for 6 months to regulate your cycles and bring hormonal control back. You may discuss the options with your Physician and take an informed decision.Hope this helps.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No