Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Not able to maintain erection during intercourse

Not able to maintain erection during intercourse

Patient: I am married since 5 years my age is 32years recently i am unable to maintain my erection throughout our intercourse. I have no other problems. help me to improve my sexual life.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There are two main categories under which erectile dysfunction can be classified: psycholog ical and medical. You haven’t provided us with a detailed history of your erectile dysfunction so we will only be able to provide you with possibilities as to what could be causing your problem.As psychological far as psychological causes of erectile dysfunction are concerned, anxiety and depression are among two of the major causes. Furthermore, excess stress could also contribute to erectile dysfunction.There are several medical causes of erectile dysfunction. It is possible that chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension could precipitate erectile dysfunction. Secondly, kidney disease and neurological disease can effect circulation and innervation of the penile tissue, resulting in erectile dysfunction. Lastly, problems with the prostate including benign prostate hyperplasia or prostate cancer.We recommend that you visit your doctor to be examined for these possible causes of your erectile dysfunction.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com