Not able to urinate

Patient : I am unable to urinate, when I try, my penis just goes hard and fills with urine but nothing at all comes out. What is this?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. This is highly difficult that you are not passing urine at all. If this is of a recent o rigin, it indicates that a stone is impacted somewhere in the urethra. I would advise you the following: Rush to ER. Get clinically examined and investigated by X-ray and ultrasonography. You need an urgent treatment for inability to pass urine with penis filling with urine and getting hard. I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and treatment