Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Not getting periods. and have a doubt on getting pregnant

Not getting periods. and have a doubt on getting pregnant

Patient: I didnt had sex but my partner discharged his sperm outside my private part..do you think is any chance of getting pregnant?and if yes then tell me how to deal with it because i dont want to get pregnant..and it happens almost 11 days ago and i am not getting periodsEDIT:plz tell me any medicine to avoid this problem..and i am scared and confused that i am still virgin and how i can become pregnantand tell me solution

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is not possible to get pregnant if the ejaculation by your partner has happened outs ide the vagina. For a natural pregnancy, there should be a deep penetration into the vagina proceeded by a complete ejaculation inside the vagina. If you are sure of this, then there is no chance of pregnancy.However, since you have a delay in getting the periods, you can do a urine pregnancy test at home to rule out pregnancy. If it is negative, you can wait for a week for your cycles to resume. if positive( which is very unlikely in your case), you will have to see a doctor for confirmation of the report and seek termination with MTP pills. You cannot attempt abortion on your own as it can have life-threatening complications. For now, do a pregnancy test, if negative, then you can be at ease and not worry about pregnancy. Next time, always ask your partner to wear a condom to be on the safer side.Hope this helped.Regards