Not sure if i have a cold or an infection?

Patient

Q: I have a bad cold for 4 days, my throat is sore and i'm sneezing and coughing

Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, head feels heavy, throat is sore
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
Sore throat, coughing and sneezing points towards an upper respiratory tract infection. Since you have it over 4 days, it is mostly due to a bacterial infection. Normally such throat infections start as a viral but eventually superadded bacterial infection develops.

You can get your throat examined by your physician. A good antibiotic here will be Amoxicillin or combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid ( Augmentin ). For the sneezing and coughing, an anti-histaminic like Levocetirizine can be taken once at bed time.

Hope this helps,
Regards.