Not sure if I need to see a doctor or go to the E.R.

Patient

Q: I caught a cold on Friday symptoms are sore jaw, sore throat, ears hurt, cough causes sharp pains in my chest, headache , sore arms and legs, fatigue, runny nose,and sneezing Do I need to see a doctor for medicine or will an over the counter cold medicine help me?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are suffering from a severe upper respiratory tract of infection. What concerns us the most is that you are experiencing chest pain and sore arms. This pain is commonly associated with myocardial ischemia which is the decreased oxygen delivery to the heart muscle. This can lead to heart attacks. Please go to your nearest urgent care center or emergency department to be immediately evaluated.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com