Not sure if I need to see a doctor or go to the E.R.

Patient : I caught a cold on Friday symptoms are sore jaw, sore throat, ears hurt, cough causes sharp pains in my chest, headache , sore arms and legs, fatigue, runny nose,and sneezing Do I need to see a doctor for medicine or will an over the counter cold medicine help me?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are suffering from a severe upper respiratory tract of infection. W hat concerns us the most is that you are experiencing chest pain and sore arms. This pain is commonly associated with myocardial ischemia which is the decreased oxygen delivery to the heart muscle. This can lead to heart attacks. Please go to your nearest urgent care center or emergency department to be immediately evaluated. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: About a month ago I was given a clinical diagnosis of having the flu (the kid I nanny tested positive and a few days ...

Q: Cold with fever continously for 3 year old from past one month.if she is on antibiotics no fever she is good.once ant...

Q: Hi, My husband has been diagnosed with Q fever, Ross river fever and glandular fever. He has been prescribed doxycyc...

Q: I got a flu shot 2 days ago, woke up last night with legs uncontrollably shaking and severe ache in opposite arm of i...

Q: I'm 30 years old with fever and cough. Also a runny nose for the last few days. what should I take?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon