Not sure the cause of the issue. Could it be a migraine?

Patient

Q: My husband has these infrequent "spells". He starts seeing like things that happened in the past, then gets really light headed and faint..if he doesn't catch himself he will actually faint. After this happens, he lies down for a while and feels somewhat better. He gets regular migraines and has the "blah" feeling after the actual headache. He feels the same way after one of these spells. They seem to happen right after things like a deep tissue massage, or a visit to the chiropractor. He does have back issues and is going through some severe back spasams now. Could his back pain issues or the deep tissue massages be releasing something in his system to cause this? He had a complete physical last year after this happens (it only happens about once a year) and everything checked out fine

Symptoms:  No real symptoms before this happens
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

It seems to be a seizure disorder. He will require a test called electroencephalography (EEG) to confirm this. If it's a seizure disorder then EEG will show spikes in the concerned area of the brain. It's a safe, brief and non-invasive test. The seizure disorders are managed with the help of medicines like Divalproex sodium or Carbamazepine etc.
Do meet your doctor and discuss these issues.

Hope this helps.
Wish you a good health.