Not Sure What's Wrong

Q: Over the past month I have been having on and off feelings of an uncomfortable tingling sensation radiating from the head of my penis, through to the perineum, and to the anus. Most of the irritation feels like it is close to the testicles deep in the perineum.

These symptoms always occur when I begin to dribble urine, mostly when I can't help it (when I am passing stools and I can't control my kegel muscle) Another sensation that accompanies this irritation is the actual feeling that I have urine caught midstream in my urethra. I never feel that I have urine caught midstream when I regularly urinate.

What I think is happening is the urine won't get enough force to come out because I am dribbling (then I relax my muscles so it will seep out.) then some urine won't come out and will go back toward my prostate and irritate it. Once I urinate again, the feeling that I have urine caught midstream goes away, but I still feel irritation that will go away on average 30 minutes later.

My symptoms started when I was about 16 (I am now 19). I would get occasional flare ups, but now the flare ups seem to reoccur at least once a week. This has caused me to shorten the length of time on the toilet during bowel movements so that I avoid too much dribbling of urine.

I haven't noticed anything that relates this to an infection -- no blood, no discharge, etc.

Thanks for reading I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping this isn't a serious problem.