Noticed 3 or 4 white to skin coloured bumps that

Patient

Q: Noticed 3 or 4 white to skin coloured bumps that look like lesions on my penis underneath the foreskin when pulled back. It is on the right side just beside the shaft. I have noticed them for months and they haven't changed really to my knowledge. They haven't gotten bigger and there hasn't been spread that I have seen. I picked at it them yesterday and it got a bit red and bled a little when I broke the skin. Is this genital warts, I'm sexually active but usually use protection most the time?

Noticed 3 or 4 white to ski...-1
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The bumps/ lesions seen under the skin of foreskin appears to be localised and raised which is definitely not a genital wart but looks more in favour of a variant of molluscum lesion.

As there has been no increase in size and no inflammation seen, it is benign in nature. yet it is suggested that a local examination and a swab test would be mandatory for culture to rule out any STD accompanied.

considering that you are sexually active, this may be a molluscum which is a self-limiting disease and can get treated on its own over a few months and no particular intervention may be required. But it is still suggested that a swab test may be done to allay anxiety associated with an STD.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Would it for sure not be genital warts? Is there a chance of it being not any std ?
Doctor: Hello,
It doesn't appear to be a genital wart at all. but there is a definite lesion so its always better to get a STD screen done.
regards
Patient: Saw a doctor today and he said he does not think it is genital warts either. He said the same as you and believes it is molluscum
Doctor: Yes, that was my first impression for it being a variant of molluscum.
regards
Patient: Could it also just be some sabateous cysts ? Or Fordyce spots ? I feel they would be a lot more noticeable to me if they were warts so I have ruled that out. How long does molluscum take to go away ?
Doctor: molluscum generally taken 3-4 months to resolve on their own as its a viral disease and self limiting. At an area like the foreskin , other surgical means like cryotherapy or laser may not be applied due to sensitivity of the area.
regards