Numb fingers

Patient : What can cause my fingers to go numb on my left hand?
Doctor :    The most common cause for numbness and pain of the hands is the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which happens most of the time as a consequence of repeated motion that can happen during activities like typing , texting  or playing video games. Repetitive Stress Injuries are common work-related injuries, often affecting people who spend a lot of time using computer keyboards, playing video games or working a lot with their hands. There are other causes as: vitamin deficiencies (Vitamin B12), nerve compressions at the level of the spine, problems with the peripheral nerves of hands and feet, and metabolic causes as problems with the Thyroid gland and Diabetes.