Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Numbed face, nausea and disorientation

Numbed face, nausea and disorientation

Patient: I am concerned about whether what I keep getting is or is not a migraine. I get numbness down the left side of my face, nausea and feel very disorientated. Quite often I have to come home from work and am sick. I then sleep and feel a little better afterwards, Is this a migraine? My mother suffers with migraines and did when she was my age (24)

Doctor: Yes, a complex migraine may simulate a Stroke, but beside the symptoms that you mentioned, you have a throbbing and sev vere headache. In despite, that you have family history of migraines I suggest an evaluation by a neurologist because of the episodes of “disorientation” that you described,just  to make sure that there is nothing else.