Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Numbness and Tingling related to vitamin deficiency?

Numbness and Tingling related to vitamin deficiency?

Patient: I have tingling and numbness on my calves and thighs but all my tests( MRI AND EMG) are normal? What could be wrong with me?

Doctor: You may have developed Vitamin B12 deficiency, due to only veggie diet, that may produce such symptoms. You may want to get your B12 levels checked to rule out deficiency. You need to have a healthy nutritious diet including dairy products, meat, fish etc. or you need to include fortified foods and nutritional yeast products if you decide to continue on a veggie diet along with vitamin supplements to improve your symptoms.