x
173 Physicians Online

Question:

Numbness in arms and fingers after asthma attack.

Hi there, i had an asthma attack on saturday evening and my arms , fingers and leg are numb and tingly. i am 23 years of age, i have had many asthma attacks but what causes this numbness?

Answer:

Numbness associated with an asthma attack, usually occurs due to reduced availability of oxygen to the peripheral organs, which in turn is due to the decreased oxygenation of blood related to the asthma attack. The numbness may settle down slowly, with restoration of proper oxygenation of the blood following recovery from the attack.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA