x
Browse
155 Physicians Online

Question:

Numbness in finger tips and Grave's disease

I have had numbness in my finger tips(on the fingerprint side) for about the last 10 or 14 days and I am real worried. Heart disease runs in my imdate family parents and siblings.

Answer:

I think you should be more concerned with your Grave’s disease. Numbness could be a sign of poor control. If you are having medications for Grave’s disease or have been treated for it, you should ask your doctor for the most recent thyroid blood tests or request for one. It is true that numbness can be caused by heart disease and it is familial; but hypocalcemia (low blood calcium levels) and other electrolyte abnormalities can also cause numbness. I do hope this helps and take care always.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA