Numbness in foot but knee pain gone down

Patient : I've had a problem with my knee recently but the pain has dulled down but now my foot has a feeling of numbness what could this be?
Doctor :   Thank you for question. It is likely that a nerve has become impinged or damaged due to the problem with your knee. Sinc e we are unaware of the specifics of your knee problem we would advise that you have it looked at by your physician who will perform a thorough examination, and perform all necessary testing to see what the origin of your numbness is. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com