Numbness in toes and fingers

Q: I had back surgery one year ago and in the last two weeks have been experiencing at the end of the day numbness in my toes and fingers not complete but partial. What is causing this?

A:   Amongst the multiple causes of tingling and numbness of the extremities (hands and feet), there are: vitamin deficiencies (Vitamin B12), nerve compressions at the level of the spine, problems with the peripheral nerves of hands and feet, and metabolic causes as problems with the Thyroid gland and Diabetes.Once that your physician ruled out the vitamin deficiency, and thyroid problems, might be important to rule out some other metabolic causes as Diabetes, which can produce the symptoms that you described above. Also re-check your 1 year post spine surgery status.