x
Browse
186 Physicians Online

Question:

Numbness of Face and Arms

Hey i was wondering if you could give me an answer to some symptoms ive been experiencing past 2 years (is it a mini stroke)... i get a jaw ache, followed by numbness in my side of my face, i then get a watery vision effect in my left eye, then numbness down my left arm to my fingers followed by a numb mouth which goes after 15mins or so ... i am 21 and this has occured around 6 times over a period of 2 years ... please any answer would help me!!!!

Answer:

It seems very unlikely that your condition is a mini-stroke. In your age group, common causes of stroke are methamphetamine abuse and vasculitic disorders (inflammation of blood vessels). It would have been very helpful if you’ve mentioned anything that can trigger these attacks, or absence of any trigger. It is very likely that you have trigeminal neuralgia but this diagnosis can only be given after a complete physical and neurologic exam. I am not sure if the numbness on your left arm down to your fingers is part of this problem, a separate problem, or anxiety related. However, since you have mentioned that these symptoms have been recurring over the past 2 years, I think it needs urgent attention by a physician so as to be sure that there is no underlying serious condition.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA