Numbness on left side of body

Patient

Q: I am a 26 year old female. I am obese but have no other health complaints. Around a week ago I sat up in bed, into a uncomfortable position and felt an unusual pain spread across my body which I assumed was a nerve being trapped. Since then I have felt numbness on the left side of my body. Not my face, but my left breast, back of the left side of my abdomen and left upper thigh.My mobility hasn't been affected and there is no weakness. I don't realise that I am numb unless I apply pressure to the areas mentioned. I have never experienced this before. I am concerned because it hasn't gone away. Many thanks for any advice that you can offer me.

Symptoms:  Numbness
Doctor

A:   Hello.

The likely numbness over the left side of the body extending from the shoulder below indicates a possible cervical cause and a compression at the cervical level with possible cervical spondylitis. It is suggested that you visit your Neuro-physician for a x-ray cervical spine and a complete evaluation of the numbness before any further tests need be done.

Hope this helps.