Numbness on tip of accidental partially amputated thumb - 2

Q: Numbness on tip of accidental partially amputated thumb - 2 weeks on.

I accidentally severed the top of thumb, about a centimetre above the base of the nail. The doctor said in order to maintain as much length, and judging by my wound, it was best to leave the thumb to heal on it's own with regular redressings. Two weeks on, there is little to no pain without direct contact, and the wound is itching slightly around the edges. There is no swelling, burning or severe pain. The blood has caugulated and dried, along with remnants of previous Anadine colouring, making it look quite , well, manky..

My only concern is, the very tip of the wound, around half a cm radius, is numb. Is this normal?

Of course, I will be booking in to the plastic/trauma clinic to have it checked. I just wish to have some confirmation for the mean time.

I have weekly pictures tracking the healing if that would help.

Thank you.

Symptoms:  Numbness, amputation, itching, no pain.