Numbness on top/middle of brain Lower cognitive fuction, and

Patient

Q: Numbness on top/middle of brain. Lower cognitive fuction, and systoms last 24/7 for years now.

Symptoms:  Vibrating sensation and feels like a tooth ache without the pain. Like extra blood pressure. No pyshical systoms, only mental.
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using ask the doctor for posting your query.

If the numbness over the head has persisted for this long, it can possibly be a somatoform disorder. This can present in different forms and can also persist as the one experienced by you. This generally requires treatment with amitriptyline or duloxetine for a couple of month with symptoms improving in 2-3 weeks. This occurs due to the imbalance in the levels of neurotransmitters which can be corrected with the help of these medicines. The lower congnitive symptoms may also get corrected with the treatment with the above mentioned antidepressants. Further you may also plan to get investigated for B12 deficiency and Calcium deficiency as both of them can also lead to the mentioned symptoms.
Do meet your doctor and the tests done and get the medicines prescribed.
Do let me know if you want to know any further details,

Wish you a good health.