x
183 Physicians Online

Question:

Numbness, pins and needles sensation in the right knee.

Hi ive been having a numb feeling in my right knee when i wake up or when im sitting down turns into a pins and needles sensation and recently it has moved into my right arm from my elbow to my hand

Answer:

Amongst the multiple causes of tingling and numbness of the extremities (legs, arms,hands and feet), there are: vitamin deficiencies (Vitamin B12), nerve compressions at the level of the spine, problems with the peripheral nerves of hands and feet, and metabolic causes as problems with the Thyroid gland and Diabetes. Once that your physician rule out the vitamin deficiency, and thyroid problems, might be important to rule out some other metabolic causes as Diabetes, which can produce the symptoms that you described above. Also these symptoms might correspond, in a young aged person as you, to a stress related situation or anxiety.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA