Numerous allergies

Patient

Q: My mother developed allergic reactions to a few things a about 10 years ago. As the years went along she became more allergic to more things to the point now she has a reaction to everything on the spectrum. She now has reactions to animals, plants, perfumes, trees, shell fish, air fresheners, dust, gases, nuts, and so on. Every time you hear of someone else being allergic to something she develops a reaction to it.
She takes over the counter antihistamines by the bottle full to try and cure hear symptoms. A lot of time her symptoms are in her convenience, meaning she can be put in situations where things don't bother her but other times the same things will put he into a complete spell.
Her symptoms have been the same since she first developed these allergies: coughing, gagging, runny nose, watery eyes, and a few other things.
She has never been to see a doctor to have these allergies diagnosed. Everyone around her has accommodated for her for years but it has become to much.
Questions:
1) Is it possible for someone to develop so many allergies to so many unrelated triggers?
2) Is it possible that her symptoms are a complete fabrication of her mind?
3) What tests should she be administered to determine the true impact of the agents?
4) What effects can taking all of the over the counters medications have on her?

Doctor