NutriBullet versus Blood Pressure Medication

Patient

Q: I have been gifted a nutribullet nutrition extractor. It has a WARNING! that says,
"If you are taking any medication, especially cholesterol-lowering medication, blood thinners, blood pressure drugs, tranquilizers, or antidepressants, please check with you doctor before consuming any of the nutriblast recipes.
This program is not intended to replace medical advice or be a substitute for a physician. If you are sick or suspect you are sick, you should see a physician. If you are taking aprescription mediation you should never change diet without first consulting your physician because any dietary change will affect the metabolism of that prescription drug".

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. This is standard advice that physicians give their patients who are considering the start of any new diet or exercise regime. We recommend that instructions are followed especially if you are on any of the aforementioned types of medications.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com