Nuts allergy

Patient : Hi , i just get married with a girl , she had nut allergy. so i wanna ask .. if we had kids , my kids will had nut allergy too ? also she never had emergency situation , what the first thing to do ?! go to hospital or i should have some medications ?! for ur known .. if my wife eat nut she will had Suffocation .. so i want to know all about this for my kid and my wife
Doctor :   Since you have not mentioned, I assume that your wife is suffering from peanut allergy (the commonest form of nut allerg y). As a first step: AVOID peanuts and all the food items containing peanuts. Read the ingredients of all the processed food items carefully, before consuming them and make specific enquires about the food served at Restaurants/ Cafes etc. Secondly, ask your doctor about EpiPen® (epinephrine) Auto-Injectors. Since your wife has reported suffocation after having peanuts, she is likely to develop much severe reactions (anaphylaxis) in future, if contact/ingestion of peanuts is not avoided. These auto-Injectors contain a single dose of epinephrine, that can prove to be life saving in emergency situations, before one can reach the Emergency Room. They are easy to carry and can be self-administered. Regarding your kids, it is advised not to introduce peanuts or peanut preparations up to first 3 years of life. Thereafter, with caution. All the best!

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: thank you so much doctor

Related Q&A

Q: I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however...

Q: I got a test ige immunoglobulin serum test . The value cams 520 ? What does this mean . I am a 30 years old mum .

Q: My friend took alegra and tussin and speed and now he says he is having a hard time breathing and stayingawake

Q: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be...

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon