Nuvaring fell out

Patient: I’ve been on the nuvaring a few years with no problems, and I just reinserted a new one this week. Last night however, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and he found my ring in his underwear in the morning. It was only out for 5 or 6 hours, how likely is it that I will become pregnant? I know all the literature says 3 hours out maximum, Is taking something like Plan B necessary to prevent pregnancy? And do we need to use a backup method for the next week?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is unlikely that you would become pregnant from this encounter but if you are concerned about being pregnant, you can take a pregnancy test confirm whether this is so or not. If are sure that you are not ready to be pregnant, you can employ emergency contraception such as Plan B if you choose to.Thank you for choosing

View all posts