NuvaRing - waiting to insert new ring

Patient

Q: I am currently using NuvaRing and have had zero problems with it. I'm getting married in less than a month (Jan. 6) and realized that I'm supposed to have my period during that time. I know I could "skip" a period by inserting a new NuvaRing right after I take one out after 3 weeks, but my insurance won't cover for that extra ring.

My question: instead of paying for an extra NuvaRing, can I wait 2 weeks after I was supposed to insert a new NuvaRing so that my period will be pushed back till after my wedding? (Currently not having sex and won't until the wedding night, so I'm not worried about getting pregnant during the time of not using NuvaRing).

Thanks for the help!

Doctor