NYD Liver Enlargement

Patient

Q: I have been suffering for 12 years of undiagnosable right upper quadrant pain, can anyone help outside of the box?

Symptoms:  - Severe right upper quadrant abdominal pain
- Pain travels through and out of back
- No pain on muscle tension palpations
- Early phase dumping syndrome (cannot tolerate any solid food - stuck on liquid diet)
- Liver enlargement (8.7 cm)

Doctor

Patient: Just a more in depth look at my issue (original post):

I am a 32 year old female and over the past 12 years have been dealing with severe upper right quadrant abdominal pain. No could figure out why. I have been given possible diagnoses of: IBS, Gilbert's Syndrome, Gastroparesis and recently early phase dumping syndrome. I have recently had an MRCP which showed that my liver is enlarged to 8.7 cm (5.'9", ~175 lbs). I am not overweight and try to exercise when I can, but I get these attacks that are so severe that I cannot tolerate food (of any kind) and I am left with being stuck on a liquid for weeks (not fun) and in excruciating pain. I keep being told that my gallbladder is not the issue even though on palpation the pain is deep, above my gallbladder (there are no stones or sludge). I don't drink often and even when I do, my body does not absorb it and it is just a waist of money. I don't smoke (quite 8 years ago). Otherwise healthy except for this issue that no one can figure out. I wake up at night because of the pain and I am constantly running a low grade fever (98-99).