O+ Blood group

Patient

Q: My blood groop is O+ what will be the blood groop of my sister? Is it the same of my? is the blood groop is the same of our father?

Doctor

A:   Your blood group or blood type is classified according to different antigens (proteins) that are present on the surface of your red blood cells. Blood group O+ has, no A or B antigens present on the red cell surface, but Rhesus factor is present.  Blood groups are inherited from both your parents; this does not mean that your blood group is identical to your parents or your siblings. Often a pregnant mother may carry a foetus with a different blood group to her own. If both your mother and father are blood group O, then you and your siblings will only be blood group O.