O+ Blood group

Patient: My blood groop is O+ what will be the blood groop of my sister? Is it the same of my? is the blood groop is the same of our father?

Doctor: Your blood group or blood type is classified according to different antigens (proteins) that are present on the surface of your red blood cells. Blood group O+ has, no A or B antigens present on the red cell surface, but Rhesus factor is present.  Blood groups are inherited from both your parents; this does not mean that your blood group is identical to your parents or your siblings. Often a pregnant mother may carry a foetus with a different blood group to her own. If both your mother and father are blood group O, then you and your siblings will only be blood group O.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts