Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Obgyn vagina question during pregnancy

Obgyn vagina question during pregnancy

Patient: I have recently noticed a white bump on the lip of my labia majora. It has become sore and itches at random times. I am 29 weeks pregnant I am wondering if this is a symptom of my pregnancy hormones or something I should get checked out.

Symptoms: Itching soreness

Doctor: Hello,The white bump over labia is definitely not due to pregnancy hormones. Moreover being itchy,scaly and sore with the description issued, it might as well be a herpetic lesion or a genital wart lesion.It is better that you may visit your physician for a local examination and a smear of biopsy of the lesion to confirm the causative organism and diagnosis.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards