Obstetrician/gynecologist

Patient : I took the mtp kit before 9 weeks..I took it around the 3rd week..will it still be effective even if I took it early
Doctor :   Hello, thanks for the question. Firstly it is important after taking the mtp kit to ascertain whether pregnancy wa s completely aborted or not . This is possible after getting a transvaginal ultrasound to check for any remaining products. If your menses have returned then chances are minimal that any products would be remaining, but if regular spotting has been a feature then an ultrasound is must. Secondly it should be used only after confirming pregnancy and it wont be effective if used early as there would be no endometrium to act on and cause bleeding. I hope i have answered your query, regards