Odd smell...

Q: Okay so i read up a little before posting this and and my main question from the getco was why my boyfriend since the day we met have an odd smell coming from his penis...no std's, no uti, nothing wrong...however when i read up on the topic i found many man who had posted about this issue with themselves and i found that just like these other men, my boyfriend is UNcircumcised, he and his mother are from Italy and told me as part of the culture in europe it is not believed in (which i have no problem with) but every time we do anything, there comes the smell again! He is very clean and showers regularly so my only other assumption is he doesnt fully pull his skin back when washing? After we had sex once i did get a (minor) yeast infection which wasnt anything serious and cleared right up, but thats when my curiosity started because that smell just wont go away...

What is the nicest, yet most blunt way i can mention to my boyfriend this smell and how to take care of it without him getting offended? I dont want to hurt his feelings because i know he is clean inside and out, but the smell is just overwhelming, i dont want to have to cringe everytime i pleasure him...

Thank you.