Odd Vaginal Discharge after Protected Sexual Intercourse

Patient

Q: Hello,

I have a question regarding whether I am experiencing a vaginal infection, late menstrual cycle, or worst case signs of pregnancy.

To give you a better idea of hypothesizing what is wrong, here is a bit of background information.

My last menstrual period started on January 18th, another thing to note is that I am irregular.
On February 14th, sexual intercourse took place, with the usage of a latex condom, however I understand even that sort of protection can be faulty at times. It is important to note that we also just started using a different condom, the previous ones were not made of latex. I have had a minor yeast infection before from using a particular latex condom. Lastly, intercourse does not happen too frequently, (monthly may be the best approximation).

It was then on February 19th (a month from my last period) that I started experiencing a dark-brown discharge, with it lessening over the course of the day. However, yesterday on February 22nd, I noticed that the discharge started getting heavier and fresher, with it looking comparable to the discharge of my menstrual period. At the time of writing this, (February 23rd), the discharge is still occurring.
There have not been signs of physical or bodily symptoms of pregnancy, such as cramps, nausea, fatigue, constipation, etc… There have not also been signs of my menstrual cycle either, with my usual soreness of the breast, (again I am irregular, however it has been more than 30 days since my last period).
Therefore, thus far I have been only experiencing a bloody vaginal discharge that is similar to what I would experience with my menstrual cycle, but without the other notable symptoms.

I am deeply confused of the possibilities of this discharge. I have read about the innumerable cases described on the Internet, ranging from implantation bleeding (which I believe only lasts from a couple hours to two days) to ovulation, vaginal infection, or just plainly a hormonal effect.
Also, just to be sure, when will be the most appropriate time to take a pregnancy test?

Symptoms:  Symptoms: vaginal discharge
Doctor