Ok doc Hello I'm 13 years old soon to be

Q: Ok doc. Hello I'm 13 years old soon to be 14 in less than a month and I'm a healthy weight. But I'm not very happy with the way I look and feel. I really want to lose weight. But I don't know how. I hear all these different things about how to lose weight and going vegan to lose weight and stuff like that but I'm so confused. I try calorie counting and I don't feel straved or anything 1400-1600 calories a day but then I always read about how calorie restriction is so dangerous and not long term. I'm so confused I don't know how to lose weight and I honestly don't really have the option of going vegan because my mom is already reluctant into buying me healthy foods. So if I ask for anything like almond milk or non dairy cheese or more than 2 fruits than I'm in trouble. She doesn't really support me on the whole losing weight thing. So how do I do this help please?

A:   Hi.

Thanks for your query and nicely put in a very practical problem faced by the teenagers at home.
The simple principal is as follows:
The weight can be lost or be got at the healthy levels by three means.
1 .Diet control, which you have a problem with due to the problems your Mom has with this. Hence not in your hands.
You can at least start something as follows:
Increase salads
stop sugars in any forms
take more of veg , these are practical points you can follow .

2. This is more easy as you are just going to be 14 -
Try cycling, trekking, walking alone and briskly.
increase your ''output''by increasing the physical works.

3. Combination of the two and to take the services of a Dietitian
and a Physical Trainer.

Hope this helps you.