Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ok, I’m 17 and my gf and I had unprotected sex

Ok, I’m 17 and my gf and I had unprotected sex

Patient: Ok, I’m 17 and my gf and I had unprotected sex, and she had gotten off her period the day before. This isn’t our first time having sex, and this time after we got done, I noticed blood on my hand, and what not. Is she bleeding because of getting off her period or from a minor tear In something?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The bleeding after sex on the next day of the periods may just be a continuation of the p eriods as there is never a clear-cut time that the menstrual period stops.If the bleeding is due to a tear or so, there will be pain too. Ask her for this too.If there is doubt it is always better to consult a Gynecologist for an opinion.Hope this helps.