Ok so basically it's a bit weird but iam worried

Patient : Ok so basically it's a bit weird but iam worried about this.I want to know if its normal or something wrong with me.So basically it's been happening to me for over a year now,I don't know how to explain it but at night while iam sleeping I get this tingling or something that start from my vagina and shook up to to my body,it last for few seconds and it woke me up.Before it used to happen like once in a few months but recently it's been happening kind of every week. Last night I had that n today my vagina is hurting me so much since I woke up.is something wrong with me ,I never had sex before n iam 19.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. According to your description, you may be having a vaginal infection or pain related to premenstrual phase or ovulation. Though the possibility of vaginal infection is less in nonsexually active women, sometimes it can be seen due to local microbial environmental imbalance, improper usage of tampons or sanitary pads etc. Try to rule out the correlation of pain with menstrual period or ovulation. If you think that the pain is not related to menstruation or ovulation, as you are having the problem since one year, better to consult your doctor once and get examined. By clinical examination, ultrasound and if needed by vaginal swab culture and sensitivity the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. Take care