Ok this is my question, my mother just recently passed

Q: Ok this is my question, my mother just recently passed away this past thursday, 4-9-15, she went in to the ER with some complications such as diarrhea and vomiting, when she got admitted her blood pressure was at 999, this was around 1pm, i went over to go visit my mother in the ER and they had dropped her blood pressure to 435 this was around 8-9 pm, but in the time that she got administered to the time i payed her a visit they had already administered 10 bags of IV in 8hrs, plus insulin, and other medications, she got tooken up to ICU and she managed to pull through till thursday at 8:43am when she got pronounced dead, less than 24hrs in the hospital, but i honestly believe it was IV OVER INFUSION that took my mother, would that have been the case or did she slip into a diabetic coma please help me out, because they told me her cause of death was from natural causes n i knownthat was not the case unless i could be wrong

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Based on the history given by you, I feel she went into diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). Now, this is a very devastating condition. Intravenous fluids, insulin and electrolyte imbalance are the mainstay behind the treatment of an acute episode of diabetic ketoacidosis.
A person with DKA is severely dehydrated and required vigorous fluid therapy.
So, I don't feel, that made her passed away. DKA comes fully loaded with complications and in DKA, a person is very prone to develop cardiac arrhythmia's and arrest due to electrolyte imbalances and shock.
So, let's just pray for her to Rest In Peace.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thank you very much as I did Google DKA, and it brought me more piece of mind as I would've never thought of this and my mother had been struggling with those symptons of DKA for quite a while, im talking years, and never really thought of it being something serious, just thought she was normal, but she did complain alot of abdominal pain dating back to 3-4 years ago, but it wasn't till about a year ago that she really started losing weight, and falling asleep everywhere, but thought it was just for her overworking, but thank you very much for informing me about DKA, brought me a little more piece of mind