Okay I just had my baby boy 4 weeks tomorrow

Patient : Okay I just had my baby boy 4 weeks tomorrow . I had a vaginal birth unfortunately I had to get 3 stitches 1 on the left and 2 on the right , is it safe to have intercourse with my partner now or should I wait until my six week check up?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I would recommend that you wait for the check up. Sutures take about 4 weeks to heal but this is an approximate figure. Waiting will not harm you. Please wait and then get checked up before intercourse. Wishing you good health. Hope this helps you