Okay so I had sex with my boyfriend around January

Patient

Q: Okay so I had sex with my boyfriend around January after my menstrual cycle . and it's now end of February I haven't had my period. I've been getting cramps and pains in my lower stomach area in my side and rib area . my vagina has discharge that smells funny and has a color to it . I have a little fever . what could this be ? I'm also 15 and scared to tell my parents

Doctor

If you have been involved in unprotected sex with your boyfriend and you have missed your periods by more than 2 weeks now, then it is important that you get a urine pregnancy test done first to rule out pregnancy. Once the pregnancy is ruled out then you can get a high vaginal swab culture done after a per speculum exam by your physician to rule out infection in the vagina which is more likely a possibility as you are experiencing foul smelling colored discharge per vaginum along with fever, which is a sign of infection. This may have to be treated with a course of antibiotics for a week.
So in either case, you need to visit a physician for a detailed examination.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.