October 16, 2018

Okay so I had sex with my boyfriend around January

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Okay so I had sex with my boyfriend around January

Patient: Okay so I had sex with my boyfriend around January after my menstrual cycle . and it’s now end of February I haven’t had my period. I’ve been getting cramps and pains in my lower stomach area in my side and rib area . my vagina has discharge that smells funny and has a color to it . I have a little fever . what could this be ? I’m also 15 and scared to tell my parents

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have been involved in unprotected sex with your boyfriend and you have missed y our periods by more than 2 weeks now, then it is important that you get a urine pregnancy test done first to rule out pregnancy. Once the pregnancy is ruled out then you can get a high vaginal swab culture done after a per speculum exam by your physician to rule out infection in the vagina which is more likely a possibility as you are experiencing foul smelling colored discharge per vaginum along with fever, which is a sign of infection. This may have to be treated with a course of antibiotics for a week.So in either case, you need to visit a physician for a detailed examination.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

×
Show

×
Show

Sponsored Ad