Okay so my girlfriend was on her period and on

Patient

Q: Okay so my girlfriend was on her period and on the first day switched birth control to the patch as instructed and stopped bleeding the next day.Two days after her period, however, we had sex and the condom tore causing me to unknowingly ejaculate inside of her... afraid of pregnancy we proceeded to have her take the Plan B pill about an hour after sex. My question is... what are the chances of pregnancy and how should we proceed to check and how long?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

The possibility of pregnancy is less in your case:
-As she is using birth control patch
-As the possibility of ovulation is less two days after periods
-And as she took emergency pill within one hour of intercourse.
If she misses her expected date of periods, let her go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care